Mini-Soccer is a very popular Sport4Kids program designed for boys and girls aged 18 months to 7 years. Our focus is on skill development, coordination development and learning to work within a team.
18 months – 2 years old
– This is a class where parent/ guardian involvement is required. Children will learn the basic fundamental of sports with the main focus on kicking. They will also discover how the body moves; learning to run forwards, backwards and sideways. Our class environment encourages social interaction and having fun. Children will learn to share, take turns and make friends.
– All equipment is child friendly and we use and discuss different colors, numbers and shapes throughout our lessons, preparing children for the classroom.
2 – 3.5 years old
– This is a class where parent/ guardian involvement is also required. At this age the children can focus on more advanced skill development: small kicks progressing to dribbling with the ball, shooting to the goal, controlling the ball, kicking with both feet.
– We also spend time on more advanced coordination exercises, such as learning to tip-toe, run sideways, backwards and jump on one foot.
3.5 – 5 years old
– Children can now participate in the class by themselves. We still focus on developing individual skill at this level but also have the children learning how to work in a team, by engaging in more small group exercises.
– Children will learn to pass to other children, how to control their movement, how to compete against other children, all the time with a big focus on developing both sides of the body. At this level we ensure that children can kick and control the ball with both feet. Our classes still have a major emphasis on learning in a fun and friendly environment.
5 – 7 years old
– At this age group the children should have a good core skill set and their sense of coordination is usually well developed. We focus on team work, specific skill development and speed and agility movements. Children will learn how to pass to their team mates, find space on the pitch, dribble at speed and control the ball with a variety of body parts; head, knee and chest.
– Children will learn how to compete within a team, against other teams. They will also learn how to win and lose, which is very important. The main focus of our small-sided games is to encourage participation for every child to ensure that all kids are developing at the same speed.
Soccer School Squad training
We provide soccer squad training to a number of primary and secondary schools in Hong Kong. We plan, prepare and develop the school soccer program and take responsibility for squad selection, game day coaching and team administration. Contact us to learn more.
|Age group||Parental / Guardian involvement||Core skill development||Class Duration|
|18 months – 2 years||Yes||– Kicking, catching, throwing.- Moving sideways, backwards and forwards.||45 minutes|
|2 – 3.5 years||Yes||– Small kicks progressing to dribbling with the ball, shooting to the goal, controlling the ball, kicking with both feet.- Agility skills: Tip-toe, jump on one foot.||1 hour|
|3.5 – 5 years||No||– Passing, control, dribbling, bi-lateral development.- Speed and agility.||1 hour|
|5 – 7 years||No||– Team work, individual skill development.- Speed and agility, plyometrics.||1 hour / 1.5 hours|
What to bring to class
– Sport4kids uniform and hat.
– Trainers or football boots if the class is outside.
– Water bottle.
– Healthy snack for during and after.