This multi-activity programme is specifically designed to develop the coordination and motor skills of young children, and gives them the opportunity to learn these skills while participating in many different sports activities. Children will take part in soccer, basketball, rugby, gymnastics and athletics; and work through all the FUNdamental movements needed to become an all rounded mini athlete!
2 years old
– This is a class where parent/guardian involvement is required. Children will learn the basic fundamentals of sports; throwing, catching, rolling, jumping. They will also discover how the body moves; learning to run forwards, backwards and sideways. As the program is also linked to gymnastics the children will learn to go upside down during forward rolls and basic handstands We will progress onto more advanced skills such as learning to tip-toe, and jumping on one foot.
– The primary focus of the class is on social interaction and having fun. Children will learn to share, take turns and make friends.
– All equipment is child friendly, and we use and discuss different colors, numbers and shapes throughout our lessons, preparing children for the classroom.
3 – 5 years old
– Children can now participate in the class by themselves. The focus for this age group is still to develop individual skills but also to get children working in small groups and learning how to work in a team.
– Children will learn to pass to other children, how to control their movement, and how to compete against other children in fun races; all the time with a big focus on developing both sides of the body. At this level we ensure that children can throw and kick with both hands and both feet. Our classes still have a major emphasis on learning in a fun and friendly environment.
– Children will advance to performing forward rolls and handstands on their own. They will also learn the basics of the cartwheel and a backwards roll.
|Age group||Parental / Guardian involvement||Core skill development||Class Duration|
|18 months – 2 years||Yes||– Kicking, catching, throwing, bouncing.- Moving sideways, backwards and forwards.||45 minutes|
|2 – 3.5 years||Yes||– Starting to learn concepts required for forward rolls & hand-stands- Agility skills: Tip-toe, jump on one foot .||45 minutes|
|3.5 – 5 years||No||– Performing forward rolls and handstands unaided.- Basics of a cartwheel and backwards roll.||1 hour|
What to bring to class
– Sport4Kids uniform.
– Water bottle.
– Healthy snack for during and after.